We invite reviews of books in Contemplative Studies. Rigorous and insightful reviews are integral to JCS’s mission to inform and connect scholars and practitioners in Contemplative Studies. Proposals are invited to review new publications as well as foundational works of scholarship published in the last few years.
A few possible titles for which we are looking for reviewers include:
- Chan before Chan together with The Secrets of Buddhist Meditation – Eric Greene, University of Hawaii Press, 2022
- How God Becomes Real – Tanya Luhrman, Princeton University Press, 2020
- The Lamp for the Eye of Contemplation – Dylan Esler, Oxford University Press, 2023
- Dreams Beyond Time: On Sacred Encounter and Spiritual Transformation – Lee Irwin, Lexington Books, 2022
- The Routledge Handbook of Yoga and Meditation Studies – Suzanne Newcombe and Karen O’Brien-Kop (eds.), Routledge, 2021
- The Oxford Handbook of Meditation – Miguel Farias, David Brazier, and Mansur Lalljee (eds.), Oxford University Press, 2019
- Rituals and Practices in World Religions – David Bryce Yaden, Yukun Zhao, Kaiping Peng, and Andrew B. Newberg (eds.), Springer, 2020
Proposals for reviews of other recent books in Contemplative Studies are welcome.